I’m a big fan of Mother Earth. I love to explore her and stand in awe of her beauty. But dang, we are so mean to her.
I saw an instagram post today about how Earth Day when we were kids was about turning the water off when we brushed our teeth and cutting the soda rings so it wouldn’t hurt turtles. Luckily I grew up in the PNW where they preached the importance of recycling, going green and sustainability it wasn’t an effort it was just part of our daily lives. But we still have to do more than occasional beach clean ups and switching to reusable straws.
Here are some ways we can help that may seem small but make a big difference:
- Recycle – not just using the recycle bin but also reusable bags, reusable water bottles, cloth napkins instead of paper towels…
- Encourage more energy efficiency in the workplace – I’m so proud of the company that I work for in their efforts to be more eco conscious. I see so many brands doing so as well. It gives me hope that this isn’t just importat to individuals and consumers, but on a larger level too. We have to hold major corporations accountable.
- Carpool or bike which also good for working on your fitness – two birds one stone
- Eco friendly cleaning materials – oh hay Chrissy Tiegan’s new line with the mother of dragons
- Mindful shopping – Less Shein, more Poshmark
- Plant something
What are some other ways we can be more green? I’d love to hear about what you’re doing to save the earth.
We need to restore the heart of Te Fiti. 😝
Be kind to our planet, damn it.
Fore more info and resources, visit EarthDay.org.
*None of the photos in the mood board collage are mine. I found all of them on Pinterest.