I know I’ve been horrible about actually posting… I got hired at a really great company shortly after I decided to launch Trips and Salsa. It’s one of my New Years resolutions to post more frequently.
2019 was an interesting year to say the least. I had many major life changes, my patience was tested, I had to step out of my comfort zone a few times, went to Hawaii a lot, developed meaningful relationships and I’m ending my year on a high note. I am excited to be entering a new decade.
Here are some of the highlights from 2019:
– Euro Trip with Amelia. What’s better than an epic Europe trip with your bestie?
– My awesome beach mansion with even more awesome roomies. I lucked out big time. I got instant friends whom I actually enjoy being around. We are more than roomies, we’re friends. And that’s rare. One of these days I’m going to write a blog post about funny/horrifying roommate stories.
– Getting to spend so much time with my family. Since I kept taking and quitting jobs this year, I had a lot of spare time to travel to Hawaii. Also my parents are moving to San Diego and I couldn’t be more excited!
– My BFF from childhood got married and I did a lot of wedding crap (and spent all my money lol). But it was so special to be included in her big day and I got to hang out with my childhood friends a lot throughout the year.
– My new job. Finally found the right one. It checks off all the boxes on the list I made at the beginning of the year of what I wanted in my next position. It was a long journey to get here but worth it.
I love making new years resolutions. In the past I’ve been pretty good about following through, probably because they’re never about fitness. One year I wanted to floss. The next year was to drink more water. One year I wrote and mailed out birthday cards to my friends and family. Another, I wanted to get my teeth fixed. But this year I have a million:
– Be more creative. Do more art. Actually blog.
– Save money.
– Waste less. Be more eco conscious.
– Be nicer.
– Be more assertive.
– Worry less.
– Adventure as much as possible.
– Lose 500 lbs. (jk. Sort of)
Alright, 2019 was interesting. Bring it on 2020.